LIVE ONLINE COURSE
8 WEEK COURSE
January 19th – March 9th 2022
7pm GMT / UK
Learn the wisdom of your body and befriend your nervous system to fully embrace your human-ness.
Human existence is both messy and joyous. To live wholeheartedly means embracing all of it.
Much of what frustrates or distresses us about our lives is a result of not understanding the mechanics of our own bodies and nervous systems.
What do you do when you feel those big emotions, anxiety, anger or when you’re unable to be fully present?
The problem is that we’ve never been given proper guidance or instruction in how to be fully human and how to live in a friendly relationship with our bodies.
What we could use is something like driving lessons, but for our bodies.
Stress is a natural part of life, and just like when we go for a drive, it’s perfectly possible to drive safely and have a great journey even in bad weather. It about having the knowledge, practical skills and any resources you may need.
In this 8 week programme we will explore how the nervous system plays an important role in keeping you safe and healthy, how it affects your mental health, how to become resilient in the face of stress and how to feel fully alive again.
This course is a mixture of theory and practical exercises for relaxation and grounding. It is aimed at the beginner and everyone is welcome.
Have you ever:
Wondered why you get triggered, emotional or overwhelmed by the smallest things?
Felt regularly moody, spaced out, lost in your mind, not quite in your body?
Struggled to fall asleep even though you're so tired?
Struggled to remember things or concentrate and pay attention?
Felt like you sometimes have to drag yourself through your day?
Felt like there’s something wrong with you?
Felt sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time?
Just wished you could understand yourself better?
You don’t have to keep feeling this way…
It’s like have driving lessons but for your body.
With Christine Wehrmeier
- Overview of your nervous system and the important role it plays in keeping you safe and healthy
- Understand how the mind and the body are closely linked
- Understand the mechanics of your emotions
- Become literate in your emotional dashboard
- Overview of mental health issues in relation to your nervous system & body
- Understand how patterns of behaviour, response or trauma originate
- Establish self-awareness and the ability to self-regulate states of excitation/stress
- Learn various grounding and relaxation techniques
- Create your own self-care toolkit to use in times of stress or to enhance wellbeing
- Understand the ingredients of authentic human connection and relationships
- Learn to embrace all aspects of being human
- Redefine what it means to be human and fully alive
- Feel an appreciation for, and connection to, our physical bodies
- Understand the important factors you and your body need to support your mental health and wellbeing
You will feel a whole new appreciation for your body.